Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Yesterday, I picked Boo up from school. Well almost she was walking home and I pulled over and she got it. She had a dentist appointment. Which resulted in needing 2 teeth extracted, well 1 tooth and 1 root that didn't come out with the tooth.

Anyway,

She started telling me about this "game" this boy in her class showed some of them. Where you put your hand on your neck and sweeze until your face turns purple, then you stop.

We had JUST talked about this game as a 10 year old boy from another Nebraska town DIED as a result of playing this game.

I said "BOO, WE JUST TALKED ABOUT THAT, YOU CAN DIE FROM DOING THAT! DON"T DO THAT!"

She started crying and said she didn't realize that it was the say thing because when I showed her that my hand action was different. THen I stated asking the "mom" questions. Which boy showed you this? Where did he show you? Who else did it? She caught on real quick and started pleading with me not to tell anyone. And I just said "honey I have to tell, what if someone gets hurt or killed because they were playing this game and I knew and didn't do anything?"

This morning I called the principal and spoke with him. I told him that I wasn't looking to get this boy in trouble, but this was a very serious thing they were doing. He said he would "investigate" and that yes it was serious. I think he was also wondering which adult was suppose to be in charge of the kids? I don't know. Boo did say after school today that this boy got called into the office. I hope, though, that the principal talks to the class as a whole as to about how dangerous this is and didn't just lecture this one boy. That was my intent.

No comments: